Home Forums Questions and answers File structure differences between v1.3 and v1.4?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Stella

I attempt to create the CPF with the syntax v1.4. I created a file structure based on the file setup syntax of v1.4 and imitated the folder structure described in the Manual of v1.3 (but, with the datasets corresponding to version 1.4). However, I run into errors when the lower-level (country-specific) codes are being called, also when I run each of them separately. The error messages usually indicate that the respective file the code calls is not found. Are there any changes in the file structure between the codes v1.3 and v1.4 that would explain this?

• #25725 Reply
      Konrad Turek
      Keymaster

Hi Stella,

indeed, there may be confusion. The Manual is not yet updated to version 1.4. The latest waves from the US and GER added in CPF 1.4 have some small differences in the data structure. My advice is to first go country-by-county and then file-by-file (syntax codes) to locate the error. It’s best to run the syntax directly from the lower-level (not through the higher-level interface) because then Stata shows more informative error messages. Usually, such problems require just a correction in the file’s or folder’s name. If you find that this is a problem with the published CPF code, please let me know so I can correct it.
      Best and good luck,

Konrad

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Konrad Turek.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: File structure differences between v1.3 and v1.4?
Your information: